Sunday, July 7, 2013

A New Adventure


I have recently decided to venture into the world of blogging. I am an English Language learners (ELL) teacher at the high school level. Through this blog, I am going to share my plans and experiences of incorporating technology into my ELL classroom. In the past, my use of technology in teaching has been limited to PowerPoint presentations, video clips, and programs like Microsoft Excel. This can be viewed as doing the same old things differently rather than doing different things with technology (Laureate Education, Inc., 2010). I have been very cautious about doing different things because I have not taken the time to truly understand how to use many of the new and exciting ideas that are available. That is all about to change though. I am currently working on my Master's degree of Integrating Technology into the Classroom. As I learn about new and innovative ways to utilize technology in my teaching, I will bring them into my classroom and document the results. I know that there are a number of ways that technology can be used to assist my students as they progress in their English language acquisition. I am excited about sharing my experiences and hearing ideas and suggestions from others.

I am currently in the planning stages of having my ELL students create their own blogs during the upcoming school year. I have not decided exactly how I will do this, but I do know that it will be a great way for my students to practice and progress in their English writing abilities. Creating my own blog will allow me to be more of an "expert" when I help my students begin their own. I would love to hear from others who have used blogs in their classrooms. I am always open to tips and tricks.

 
References

Laureate Education, Inc. (Producer). (2010). The emergence of educational technology [Video webcast]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_tab_group_id=_2_1&url=%2Fwebapps%2Fblackboard%2Fexecute%2Flauncher%3Ftype%3DCourse%26id%3D_2819318_1%26url%3D

No comments:

Post a Comment