Sunday, August 4, 2013

Creating a Podcast

Podcasting is another one of the many tools that I would like to experiment with and see if I can incorporate into my ELL classroom. Throughout this past week, I created my own podcast related to students' experiences and preferences in relation to using technology for both social and academic purposes. This is the first podcast I have ever created. I used Audacity, which you can download for free online, to record and edit both my recordings and the recordings of my students. I found this tool to be very easy to use and something I could definitely envision my students being successful with. I then imported my podcast into iTunes so that I could convert it from a WAV file to an MP3 file. From there I created an account on podbean.com to upload and create a URL for my podcast. Finally I attached the link below. The hardest part was remembering how to change a WAV file to an MP3 file. I hadn't done it in so long. All I did to figure this out was type "how to convert a WAV to an MP3" in a search engine. There was a description for how to do it in iTunes that was easy to follow. I truly believe this would be an easy project to add into my curriculum in the future.

I hope you enjoy the podcast.

Link to Students and Technology Podcast:
http://mrsking.podbean.com/2013/08/04//


Resources used:

www.audacity.com

www.podbean.com

www.iTunes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment