Wednesday, July 23, 2014

GAME Plan Update



While continuing to work on my GAME plan, I have been able to find most of the information and resources that I need to make my plan a success. One piece of information that I mentioned that I needed in my last post was what types of technology the ELL teachers and colleagues that I will be collaborating with have used in the past. In order to answer this question, I sent an e-mail out asking everyone to share that information with me. So far, only the ELL teachers that I will be working with have responded. This is understandable because it is still the summer and many teachers may not be checking their school e-mails regularly. Even though I do not have all the responses that I would like, I still believe my GAME plan is on track. I do not believe that I will need to make any modifications at this point. In the two responses from the ELL teachers that I will be working with, I learned that the technology that they have used in the past includes PowerPoint, virtual tours, applications such as Class Dojo and Random Student, Facebook, and general internet researching. It is good to know this because it will help me to make decisions as to what technology tools I would like to share with them as we collaborate throughout the school year. With this new knowledge of the technology tools the other ELL teachers have used in the past, new questions arose. I began wondering how they have incorporated each tool into their classrooms. Because of this, I will be continuing my correspondence to get a better understanding. This communication is exciting to me because I may be able to encounter new ideas that I have not thought of utilizing and may want to bring into my own teaching.

Overall, I feel as though the progress of my GAME plan is right where it needs to be. Once I hear back from my colleagues regarding the technology tools they utilize in their classrooms, I will be able to make a more solid plan of what tools I would like to share with them. I am really hoping that this collaboration will result in classrooms that are filled with authentic learning experiences that incorporate technology to enhance the concepts being learned. If this is the outcome, my GAME plan will most definitely be a success.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    I am so glad to hear that your GAME plan is a success so far. I have also found that collaboration with colleagues and other educational professionals can make the difference when it comes to a successful plan. Venturing into new technology can be extremely overwhelming, so the support and guidance of other educators is essential. I am also lucky enough to have colleagues at my school who keep in touch over the summer. If we don’t meet face to face, we email and text each other about plans for the upcoming year and to share new ideas. I feel like I have been communicating more than usual this summer because I am in school. Through our discussion boards and blogs, I am gaining so many great ideas that I then share with my colleagues. Do you interact with many teachers outside of your school? I feel like this has always been a struggle of mine. Aside from workshops, professional development and Walden’s opportunities for communicating, I really don’t share ideas with other teachers outside of my school. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Again, congratulations on your successful plan!

    ReplyDelete